Saturday, January 2, 2010

Tigger the Tiger

Hi,

I made my first kill today. I had been hanging out in the hall closet most of morning, both me and Chance were. Well a couple of hours ago Russ asked Connie what I was playing with in the living room. She went in and looked and found this tiny tiny animal - a mole or shrew is what she said. I didn't want her to have it so I laid down on top of it and looked at her. She got a paper towel and when I turned my body towards Shadow who they said was waiting for a hot meal, she grabbed it. I didn't notice it was gone until it was too late. I was kind of upset with her, but she seemed to think it was an OK thing to do. I am now wondering if there might be more in that closet so I will pay more attention. I might have to keep my eye on Chance and if she heads that direction, I will just follow her and see what I can find. It is very cold out today and Shadow has only gone out once and she wasn't out very long. We had a deer laying in our yard last night and we all watched it until it was so dark out that we couldn't see it any more. Russ said he was pretty sure it was still there about 2 this morning when he looked. Connie walked over to where it was laying and said the snow was melted almost down to the grass so it might have been there for a long time. I hope it was OK. Russ said our crippled mama deer was at the feeder early this morning too. I don't like them and I glare at them every chance I can. Well, better go, Chance just headed to the closet and I don't want to miss anything. Tigger.

1 comment: